The diary of a Crush.

I have in my possession the perfect relic of a celebrity infatuation. A book of photos of "Bobby Crush" . . . whoever that is.
bobby crush fan book
There are all the highs and lows of a fully fledged obsession played out in one small, slightly manky, photo album . . .
bobby crush fan book
Nervously cornering him in the foyer, at Torquay Princess Theatre maybe or Slough Theatre Royal.
bobby crush fan book
The jittery high of visiting him in his dressing room.
bobby crush fan book'We were only three rows from the front, so close!'
bobby crush fan book
Then spotting him again in the car park.bobby crush fan book
Sneeking some creepy snaps from an upstairs window.
bobby crush fan book
Being spotted taking some creepy snaps . . . but still taking some more.
bobby crush fan book
And my personal favourite: the slightly embittered act of trimming other girls out of photos with him - missed an arm on the right-hand picture.
Oh gosh, isn't the human mind a funny thing - so many one sided love affairs with obviously indifferent (or even slightly scared) strangers. I can remember being a teenager and just being in love with the feeling of being in love - if it was with a celebrity so much the better because I'd never have to meet them to have my dreams popped. Though I did once give E from the Eels a hug he really didn't want.
Who was your creepy celebrity crush? Anyone who will admit to someone more obscure and rubbish than Bobby Crush will win my everlasting admiration.

6 comments:

  1. leadsinger rubettes
    (famous somewhere in 1910)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a real gem, I saw something similar in a Paris flea market, a scrapbook full of Sigourney Weaver, they'd even stuck in cinema tickets from seeing her films, it all makes me feel like I haven't really let myself go, don't have an obsessive scrapbook anywhere, maybe I'll start one....

      Delete
    2. Yes Madeleine I think yous should definitely start one, and Vicar I think the Rubettes are doing a comeback tour, maybe you two should team up and make a pervy scrapbook.

      Delete
  2. This made me smile so much! I bet the owner of that scrapbook is now a totally normal grown woman, unaware that the evidence of her mad teenage scrapbooking is still in existence...
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really thought much about that, maybe the joy of the internet will reunite the two!

      Delete

Hello